Special Event Insurance

You might need Special Event Insurance if your event meets any of the following criteria:

  • More than 100 attendees
  • Open to the public
  • Minors attending
  • Animals or potentially hazardous activity

If you are having your event on the Cal Poly campus and need additional insurance, Special Event Insurance may be procured through Cal Poly's Office of Risk Management.

    Risk Management

    Club Liability Insurance Program

    The CSU has implemented club insurance for all 23 CSU campuses. Titled the Club Liability Insurance Program (CLIP), it covers General Liability for claims made both on- and off-campus. 

    Major exclusions include:

    1. Automobile Liability
    2. Alcohol furnished at Club Activities/ Events 
    3. Fraternal Organizations (The CSU determined this pertains to all organizations with Greek letters)
    4. Hazing
    5. Athletic activities
    6. Intentional Discrimination

    Farmers Market Insurance

    CLIP also includes coverage of Farmers Market events. Read more about hosting a table at San Luis Obispo Farmers Market.

      Additional Insurance Options

      If you are hosting an event that is not covered by CLIP (see major exclusions above), visit the Additional Insurance Options page for information on getting coverage.

      Related Content


      Student Juggling

      Organization Directory