Receiving Credit Card Donations
NOTE: RSOs are not permitted to use GoFund Me or other crowdfunding platforms (see CAP 710). Cal Poly maintains its own crowdfunding platform. Clubs can apply to have a campaign on the site.
All donations being made via credit card must be processed through the Cal Poly “Giving” website.
Follow these directions to use the website:
- Go to the Cal Poly homepage.
- Click on “Giving.”
- Click on the “Give Online” button towards the right.
- Enter your donation amount.
- Click on the “Select College and Program(s)” section. Scroll down to “Student Affairs.” Click on the club you want to make a donation to. (If the club is not listed, select “Other,” then Continue, and write the club name in the “Enter fund not listed” text box.
- Complete the “Information About You” section.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button.
- Please review the transaction. If everything is correct, click on the “Pay Now” button. This will forward you to PayPal to complete the transaction.
The donation will now be processed and deposited into the club’s account.
Note: All donations made via the Cal Poly “Giving” site will incur a 5% processing fee from University Development & Alumni Engagement. The processing fee will not be deducted from the initial donation, but will be accrued by Cal Poly Foundation on a quarterly basis. ASI Club Services verifies the donation made against the processing fee prior to paying the Cal Poly Foundation invoice.
Receiving Cash or Check Donations
For donations by cash or check, complete a Cash/Securities Gift Information form, available on the Advancement Network Forms page. A separate form must be completed for each donation. Attach the check or cash to the form. Be sure to complete all required fields and have the club advisor print their name in the “Gift Received By” and sign the “Approved By” section.
Completed forms must be submitted with the associated deposit to the ASI Business Services Window located at the front of the Cal Poly Recreation Center during their posted hours of operation.
The donation will be processed and a deposit will be made to the club account.
Note: ASI Club Services does not charge a processing fee for donations made by cash or check.
Student Solicitation for Donor Support
In an effort to better develop and maintain positive relationships with donors, it is vitally important that the campus’ cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors be done consistently, appropriately and collaboratively. The University Development team considers donor relationships with a long-term view.
- Students Affairs fundraising staff will work with student clubs to solicit funding if the request is $2,500 or more.
- Students Affairs fundraising staff will work with students and clubs to ensure their “asks” are within university guidelines and will include students in the solicitation process as appropriate and possible.
- You may also contact your College Development Office for guidance: