Annual Registration Timeline
||Recognized Student Organizations
|Recognized Student Organizations
2023-24 and beyond
|Fraternity & Sorority Life Chapters
|Regular Registration Opens
|Regular Registration Closes
|Late Registration Opens
|Late Registration Closes
Step 1: Re-register your organization
The President/Primary Contact submits a re-registration via Cal Poly Now. For more information, please refer to RSO Re-Registration Instructions for Presidents.
Step 2: Officer Training
Presidents, co-presidents, treasurers, and advisors must complete RSO Officer Training.
Step 3: Verification
Officer and advisor eligibility are verified by Clubs & Organizations and the Office of Students Rights & Responsibilities. Officers must:
- Be matriculated Cal Poly students
- Maintain a minimum overall 2.0 grade point average each academic year
- Be in good standing and shall not be on probation of any kind
- Attend a minimum of 2 academic quarters during the academic year
- If undergraduate student:
- Earn at least 9 student credit units per quarter while holding office
- Earn no more than 225 student credit units or no more than 125 percent of the units required for a specific baccalaureate degree objective, whichever is greater
- If graduate and credential student:
- Earn at least 4 student credit units per quarter while holding office
- Earn no more than 75 student credit units or no more than 167 percent of the units required for the graduate or credential objective, whichever is greater.
Once verified, the re-registration is approved and the officer listings are updated automatically in Cal Poly Now.