Annual Registration Timeline
||Recognized Student Organizations
|Recognized Student Organizations
2023-24 and beyond
|Fraternity & Sorority Life Chapters
|Regular Registration Opens
|Regular Registration Closes
|Late Registration Opens
|Late Registration Closes
Step 1: Re-register your organization
The President/Primary Contact submits a re-registration via Cal Poly Now. For more information, please refer to RSO Re-Registration Instructions for Presidents.
Step 2: Officer Training
Presidents, co-presidents, treasurers, and advisors must complete RSO Officer Training.
Step 3: Verification
CSU student presidents and treasurers of campus-approved clubs and organizations shall be defined as minor representative student officers. The eligibility is defined by the CSU Executive Order 1068 (Student Activities) and Campus Administrative Policy 620. Officer and advisor eligibility are verified by Clubs & Organizations and the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities. Officers must:
- Be matriculated Cal Poly students
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 overall/cumulative grade point average
- Maintain a minimum overall 2.0 grade point average each academic year (Fall/Winter/Spring)
- Be in good standing and shall not be on probation of any kind
- Attend a minimum of two (2) quarters during the academic year
- Undergraduate incumbents must:
- Earn at least 9 quarter units per term while holding office.
- Earn no more than 225 quarter units or 125 percent of the units required for a specific baccalaureate degree objective, whichever is greater
- Graduate and credential incumbents must:
- Earn at least 4 quarter units per term while holding office
- Earn no more than 75 quarter units or no more than 167 percent of the units required for the graduate or credential objective, whichever is greater.
Once verified, the re-registration is approved and the officer listings are updated automatically in Cal Poly Now.