Annual Registration Timeline
||Recognized Student Organizations
||Fraternity & Sorority Life Chapters
|Priority Registration Opens
|Priority Registration Closes
|Regular Registration Opens
|Regular Registration Closes
Step 1: Re-register your organization
The President/Primary Contact submits a re-registration via Cal Poly Now. For more information, please refer to RSO Re-Registration Instructions for Presidents.
Step 2: Officer Training
Only co-presidents, treasurers, and advisors must complete Officer Training. Presidents/Primary Contacts complete their Officer Training when they re-register and do not need to do it again.
Step 3: Verification
Officer and advisor eligibility are verified by Clubs and Organizations and the Office of Students Rights & Responsibilities. Officers must:
- Be matriculated Cal Poly students
- Maintain a minimum overall 2.0 grade point average each academic year and a minimum 2.0 grade point average for the previous academic quarter
- Be in good standing and shall not be on probation of any kind
- Attend a minimum of 2 academic quarters during the academic year
- If undergraduate student:
- Earn at least 9 student credit units per quarter while holding office
- Earn no more than 225 student credit units or no more than 125 percent of the units required for a specific baccalaureate degree objective, whichever is greater
- If graduate and credential student:
- Earn at least 4 student credit units per quarter while holding office
- Earn no more than 75 student credit units or no more than 167 percent of the units required for the graduate or credential objective, whichever is greater.
Once verified, the re-registration is approved and the officer listings are updated automatically in Cal Poly Now.