The CSU Chancellor’s Office has extended all international and non-essential domestic travel restrictions through June 30, 2021 for all CSU campuses and associated auxiliary organizations. This includes all registered student organizations (RSO). For more information, visit the Travel and Study Abroad Coronavirus Information page.
Except for international travel and for travel with club sports, club members no longer need to submit travel paperwork for travel inside the U.S.
- California law restricts drivers for non-profits and certain other entities from the use of any vehicle that is built or designed to carry more than 10 passengers unless they have the appropriate Class B license.
- Drivers of vehicles of that class have a great deal of additional liability for the safe operation and maintenance of the vehicle and safety for all passengers on board as well as several other responsibilities.
- The use of any vehicle within that particular class of passenger vehicles will not be approved.
- Only participants who submitted their Volunteer Identification form, Request to Operate Vehicle on State Business form, and copy of their California Driver License with a clean driving record are eligible to drive.
- If the club is carpooling and club members will be driving, they must be listed on the Student Transportation Request (CT – 2).
- Rental cars or vans must be rented from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
- When clubs travel by air, Air Travel Release forms must be completed.
Incidents during Travel
Should an incident or injury occur during travel, an Incident Report Form must be filled out and submitted to the Office of the Dean of Student within 48 hours of returning to campus. If a problem develops off-campus, call appropriate law enforcement or medical agencies in the area. If the personal safety of any club member, participant, or spectator is endangered, professional assistance should be requested immediately. All problems must be reported directly and promptly to the Office of the Dean of Student at 756-0327.
Travel Outside of the Country
For information on international travel, visit the Cal Poly International Center.